Old August 9th 03, 09:36 AM
starman

AC Smith wrote:

starman wrote in message ...
AC Smith wrote:

Mike,

I'm glad you posted this. I am just a few miles from Seattle, WA
(where is there another Seattle?). Anyway, I have noticed that the
RCI broadcast at 0200UT has been absolutely terrible for the last
three weeks. Way down in signal and the noise seems to be worse, bad
combination.

I usually like to listen on Sunday evenings, local, so maybe I'm just
having bad luck?

Mike's description of the RCI dropouts (audio?) is most likely a
technical problem at RCI. Your reception problem with RCI is probably
due to poor propagation conditions, unless you also happened to be
listening when the audio dropouts occurred.

My situation has RCI appearing is if the cut their power in half with
a constant low signal, whereas a month ago, they blasted in as strong
as a local (as well they should). And this the same on all three
frequencies, with one of them, 9755kHz just non-existant.

Adam

That certainly sounds like poor propagation, unless something has
changed with your receiver/antenna. Have you noticed any changes in
reception from other countries in the same direction as RCI?