Old August 9th 03, 10:39 PM
tommyknocker

Warpcore wrote:

I live in Washington state and often get up 4am or even earlier, and once in
a while do hear latin american stations, but mainly the far east at that
hour. Evenings the europeans are evident and some latin americans. Nigeria,
Egypt, Benin, Congo, South Africa sometimes are audible here, and not just
after dark.

I used to get up around 7am and I mostly heard Asian stations at that
time, Chinese domestics and lots of Radio Free Asia, because the signal
path from East Asia to the US Pacific Coast is mostly in darkness then.
I know that I've heard African relay stations such as VOA's Sao Tome
transmitter around 11am-noon Pacific time. In the evenings local time
the only thing to be heard is broadcasts aimed at NAm because most of
the rest of the world is asleep then. I do hear some Asian and
Mideastern domestics sign on after 0300 UTC (8pm) especially the Saudis
on 15170. But I hadn't been hearing any Latinos, and this was around
April before I had to put listening on hold for a while.

I heard what apparently was Nigeria a couple days ago but the tx seemed
to be jammed. Any idea who might be doing it?