Old August 10th 03, 04:25 AM
Eric F. Richards

A E wrote:

These *might* be microwave mixer diodes, like the 1N416D, for example. The thing
to look for is noise figure. I have a 1L20 spectrum analyzer plug-in for my Tek
scope, from the same era as your SA (but much much cruder). I have never seen
your SA, but all I can say is that the first mixer in my 1L20 contains a single
diode.
Do yours look like this?

Not even remotely. Here's a pic of the assembly, out of the "can:"

http://www.dim.com/~efricha/mixer-diodes.jpg

--
Eric F. Richards,
"The first rule about macros is: Don't use them unless you have to.