Old August 11th 03, 12:36 AM
AC Smith

starman wrote in message ...

AC Smith wrote:
My situation has RCI appearing is if the cut their power in half with
a constant low signal, whereas a month ago, they blasted in as strong
as a local (as well they should). And this the same on all three
frequencies, with one of them, 9755kHz just non-existant.

That certainly sounds like poor propagation, unless something has
changed with your receiver/antenna. Have you noticed any changes in
reception from other countries in the same direction as RCI?

Not that I have taken the time, but they broadcast from Sackville. I
have noticed poor reception of all of the Voice of Russia also during
this time but I have a feeling that it is from inconsistent tx'ing on
the listed frequencies.

I'll pay closer attention tonight when I start my listening around
0200UT.