Old June 2nd 04, 07:28 AM
Ian White, G3SEK

Hal Rosser wrote:
I've used it with success - recently. 450-ohm window-line (has
copper-clad steel conductors, so its tuff) then on each end: a
combination to match impedence - a 75-ohm 1/4-wave stub (goes from 50
to 112.5 ohm) then a half-wave u-bent setup (112.5 to 450 ohm) see page
165 of Antenna Compendium vol 6 for a better description - I wrote that
article back in 1999 or so. I've also used similar setups and 300-ohm
belden twinlead. It may be a myth from the olden days, but 2+2 still
equals 4 - just like the old days. And its not a myth - it really does work.

What frequency? What length? What loss did you measure? Was it raining?

Of course twin-lead can "work" in a wide range of applications.

The myth is that it can beat a modern coax cable at VHF, on a long run
with practical installation difficulties, and in the rain.

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek