Old June 2nd 04, 08:29 AM
B Ghostrider

I have a assortment of antenna that I can use for listening .The one
that I get the best Reception on is a 5/8 wave groundplane, feed with
RG-59. I put my MFJ antena analszer on it and and the SWR was nearly
flat all the way across (123 Mhz to 172 Mhz) this year I have things
set up o I can hook two scanners on to the one antena. One thing I
would advise, If you are gonig to cooper in your construction, give it
a coat of trimcald. I ended up doing some high level repairs to my
antena . The groundplane element had a a greenish ttimg to them after
on one year of being exposed to the elemts(weather).

On Mon, 31 May 2004 22:05:17 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

Whenever I think about a simple VHF wideband omnidirectional vertical
antenna for my marine band listening, I'm always thinking folded dipole. I
think I've got folded dipole on the brain. But wait - isn't it better to
make J-pole. Constructionaly simpler I think, and you can feed with
unbalanced coax. Are J-poles wideband antennas? I want any antenna to cover
156-162 MHZ (6Mhz bandwidth) - RECEICE ONLY. Would a J-Pole do here,
bandwidth-wise?TIA.