Old August 13th 03, 08:36 PM
Jennifer Michael

Default If these are your priorities, which radio is for you?

(Please forgive me for not replying to a similar thread; when I view
these groups on a browser the ability to reply is hit or miss.)

OK, let's assume you want the following:

- A portable, though it can be big/bulky as you don't plan to travel
often

- Great sensitivity to weak signals & adjacent channel rejection
(these matter more than sound quality)
- Don't care about LW, MW, Air, CW or what have you, but you want full
coverage for SW (including between meter bands)

-- You live in an apartment

-- You have up to $500 to spend, and would consider used

I own a dying Sony ICF 2010 and it's been 10 years since I researched
them. Back then I was pretty offended with how women in retail radio
shops were treated (kiss my ass, Universal in OH) so I'd like to do
what I can from others' advice and reading recent Passport guides.
Any info much appreciated!