Old August 14th 03, 07:22 AM
Matti Ponkamo

Something to do with the grounding I suppose... Cannot tell
if it worked or not. One can still see them in cars from Russia.

Matti Ponkamo, Naantali, Finland

"mary" kirjoitti
This is not a short-wave question, but I thought people here would know

the
answer. When I was a kid in the fifties, it seemed as if people who had
radios in their cars had this rubber thing hanging from the bottom of the
car. When I asked my parents what it was for they said it helped provide
better radio reception. Somehow I remember every car having one, but then
maybe not. Anyone remember what it was all about. Our car did not have one
because my father would never get a car with a radio.

Thanks
Tom