Old August 15th 03, 12:17 AM
saki

"Jennifer L Michael" wrote in
link.net:

I used to live in Southern CA, and one of my first shorwave thrills
(what a geek at heart) was catching the Voice of Nigeria on 7300 in
the late evenings (summer included) local time. I havent looked for
that broadcast in 10 years, but who knows, it could still be out
there. Nice music and news, in English, too.

Voice of Nigeria is on 7255 with IS/ID in English audible between 0450 and
0458, depending on their mood. Sign on is usually 0500 and has been in
French at that time during the summer, though last night when I checked it
was in English. I don't see any tropical band frequencies at this time for
VofN.

Channel Africa is on 11710 at about 0458 (IS) with English service at 0500.

Nigeria modulation is usually muddy with occasional bright spots; Channel
Africa has a much cleaner signal.

This is in Southern California, BTW.

----

KA6JPL