Old August 15th 03, 01:22 PM
Jake Brodsky

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:57:04 GMT, "Jackie"
wrote:

Early this summer, just for S&G's (this was, of course, before I went off
the air) I would toss out a CQ or two on 10 meters, right around 28.4 MHz,
where I thought people might be listening. I even tried Morse Code on the
calling portion of the band, with no response.

Yeah, Ten and even more so the Six meter band are the Rodney
Dangerfield's of Ham Radio. Some folks will make extraordinary
efforts to use Two Meter sideband and yet totally ignore these bands.
Both of them suffer from lack of operators because "the band is dead".
So we hear all sorts of beacons, we call, and nobody answers.

Sigh.

Jake Brodsky, AB3A
"Beware of the massive impossible!"