Old August 15th 03, 11:05 PM
Diverd4777

HI Abb:
Probably more marketing than Radio;
- Sure, buy one !

An analogue will use less electricity & have less power drain than a Digital.

- IF it's going to be infrequently used , keep extra batteries with it,
and a list of local / SWR stations. Lots of Flashlights help.

I used a Sangean 606A down here in NYC, worked like a charm;

& BBC told me I was in the Dark!

Dan

In article , "AbbN"

From: "AbbN"
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:42:19 -0400

Hi,

After this power failure I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these
since they only cost $50 here in Canada. I was lucky that my batteries in my
DX-398 and 400PE were charged up and that we didn't go too long without
power. I suppose back up batteries may be cheaper but I'd like to hear any
opinions anyone may have of this thing.

--

Thanks In Advance
Abb N