Old August 15th 03, 11:26 PM
The Dawn Soliloquy

It's a fun radio, typical of analog tuning it seems easier to find stations
than with digital in terms of searching through the dial.

Unfortunately, frequencies are rather narrowly spaced, so that it's also very
easy to pass by stations without knowing it.

Though I think that I would be able to rig something from the wrong size
batteries in the event of an emergency (i.e., put 2 D cells together with the
requisite plug and use the DC jack to power the radio), this would be time
consuming and impractical for many. The Crank feature is nice, certainly would
get the radio operating in the event of an emergency.

Go for it. Don't expect Drake level performance, but enjoy what it is.

Regards.

In article , "AbbN"
wrote:
Hi,

After this power failure I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these
since they only cost $50 here in Canada. I was lucky that my batteries in my
DX-398 and 400PE were charged up and that we didn't go too long without
power. I suppose back up batteries may be cheaper but I'd like to hear any
opinions anyone may have of this thing.

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.