Old August 16th 03, 04:01 PM
David Moisan

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:39:51 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

old days when quality of sound mattered in a pocket radio..

Going to play around a bit with it in the next few days to see how far I can
push the band edges. Already it will go from 86.3-109.4 on FM, and from 502
to 1721 on BCB, so it effortlessly covers the Xband.

I have that Jwin as well. I'm delighted with mine. Only gripe is
that my unit's band edges are lower than yours; I can get up to 1640
on MW. The edges change as the batteries are used up; I could get up
to 12.165 when I got it, now I can only get up to 12.100 or so.

I also notice detuning when you put your thumb over the flipstand in
the retracted position.

I paid more than some, $36 through radios4you.com, but I got the radio
in 3 days and am *much* more satisfied with it than I was with the
B&H.

Don't forget to file reply comments to the FCC on Docket 03-104 so
that we can still have stations to listen to on the JWin.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH, SKYWARN
Invisible Disability: