Old August 16th 03, 05:03 PM
Frank Dresser

"JA" wrote in message
I changed the subject of this thread.

King Pineapple wrote:

Actually, if you trace the beam RA uses for its 9580 morning (for us, at
least) transmission, it pierces straight thru North America's heartland.

Yes, it does. They used to announce that they were broadcasting to the
Pacific region and North America. They dropped N.America from the
announcement in the late 80's, I think. It still came in very well, but I
came to consider myself more of an evesdropper rather than a listener.

I'm at 52-15N and 102W and find 6020 is usually better than 9580. I

wonder
if this is an antenna thing. I have 150' with a bend in it about 1/2 way.
I can listen in the central time zone 'til 1330 at least (0730 local).
It's an amazingly good signal day and night.

9580 is usually better for me, in the Chicago area. Don't know why.

Frank Dresser