Old August 17th 03, 04:36 PM
Clifton T. Sharp Jr.

Dave Kernick wrote:
As webmaster of the Interval Signals Archive, I'd be interested to
hear other opinions on this matter - RealAudio or MP3.

Definitely MP3. Non-proprietary, better sound quality. Doesn't need to be
upgraded every time some company feels the need for revenue. MP3 players
don't phone home to their makers like RA players like to do.

When I started the website RealAudio was the only viable option, but
of course that's no longer the case. Unitl now I've been daunted by
the prospect of converting 2,200+ audio files and amending a similar
number of text files, but if there is sufficient demand it would merit
serious consideration.

Lots of work. But you could watch the web logs and convert, say, the 100
most popular downloads and probably not have to do it all.

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.