Old June 3rd 04, 02:35 AM
Scott

Yes, you are probably getting RF'ed to death. I would try to use the
lowest power necessary to carry on a QSO if you are using an indoor
antenna. This is a common occurance with modern equipment with
electronics in it. You might want to get the RF Exposure book from ARRL
to assess your exposure to RF fields.

Scott
N0EDV

Dan wrote:
I have a dipole in the attic tuned to around 14Mhz. Whenever I
transmit at full power, the laptop sitting next to my rig goes crazy
and the light in the next room turns on (its hooked up to a clapper).
When on 80 meters, if I transmit at full power and use my antenna
tuner to tune near perfect SWR, the treadmill in back of me turns on.
Is this normal? Should I worry about excessive radiation?

Thanks,
Dan