Old August 17th 03, 06:27 PM
Trooperdude

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 03:07:07 GMT, "mad amoeba" wrote:

I know that there are several providers and most of them were out. I might
be wrong about Verizon but most of the cellular phone were out of action
which was my point. Because if that's why most people have cellulars so that
no matter where they are or what happens they can contact their family etc.
But now as far as im concerned cellulars are not reliable.

Perhaps not reliable for the "average" person.

Verizon kept a percentage of capacity in reserve for public safety,
and the new public safety phones have priority, so will knock "no
priority" calls off the tower if they place a call.