Old August 17th 03, 10:42 PM
Frank Dresser

"Dave Kernick" wrote in message
On 17 Aug 2003 02:29:19 GMT, donut wrote:

As webmaster of the Interval Signals Archive, I'd be interested to
hear other opinions on this matter - RealAudio or MP3.

When I started the website RealAudio was the only viable option, but
of course that's no longer the case. Unitl now I've been daunted by
the prospect of converting 2,200+ audio files and amending a similar
number of text files, but if there is sufficient demand it would merit
serious consideration.

So let me know what you think here...

Dave Kernick

Dave,

Thanks for the great site. I've got no problem with Real Audio. However,
the description of Real Player as "bloatware" is apt, at least for the later
versions. I tried the latest version and didn't much like it. I removed it
and installed Version 5. This is much smaller and suits my needs just fine.
It also loads quickly, so there is no reason to have it continually running
and wasting memory. Real Player still offers thier older versions:

http://proforma.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

Frank Dresser