Old August 17th 03, 10:52 PM
JonquilJan

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 03:03:05 GMT, "mad amoeba" wrote:

i have both cordless phone and an old type phone in my house where the
handset is connected to the base station. Neiher one was working. If I

had
to contact either cops or amublance i would have no way of doing that

except
of standing on the street and waiting for the cop car to pass by. That's

why
i asked the question of how one would keep a line of communications if

the
regular ones were out.

snip

Interesting. My phone, an old type, worked just fine. Some places I did
not get an answer and some numbers, when first tried, I got a recording that
all lines were tied up.

Only lost power for about 5 hours., took a nap for most of that.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying