Old August 18th 03, 02:36 PM
Michael Holme

Default Getting started in MW DXing

Hi,

Can anybody point to any good website or books to get me started
in MW DXing. Also what's the best antenna to use. I currently have an
AOR LA350 with the medium wave attachment and a 8M longwire. The
longwire seems a bit noisier at my QTH. My radio is an AOR AR7030
plus. I'm located in the UK and would like to receiver American
stations if possible. What's the best time to listen and what
frequencies should I try. Do I need a better antenna ?
Any help much appreciated. BTW I realize this is rec.radio.shortwave
but I wasn't aware of a medium wave group

Thanks,
Mike