Old August 18th 03, 10:22 PM
DXer

A good antenna to use is a loop. There are several you can buy and there are
plans to build them also. You can build something like a 2 foot loop and use it
with a preamp or the 4 foot box loop that doesnt need any preamp.
If you have lots of room outside, a beverage antenna would be great. There
are also other types of outdoor wire antennas that many are using. One is
called the EWE antenna.
There are some listserve e-mail groups dedicated to MW DXing and some clubs
here in the US I know of.
Here is the web address for the IRCA, International Radio Club of America.
All MW Dxing and their web page has lots of info.

http://www.ircaonline.org/

The IRCA also has an email list group with lots of MW DX info and talk on it.
Here is that address. I am sure you can ask someone there how to get on this
mailing list.

Here is another club for MW DXing called the NRC, National Radio Club:

http://www.nrcdxas.org/

Here is the web address for I think another club and has plans for a 1 meter
MW loop on it.

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...op/1mloop.html

Here is a web page with lots of info on the EWE MW antenna that many use to
DX with.

http://www.nrcdxas.org/articles/ewe.html

You should be able to hear stations from North America there, especially in
the winter when conditions are much better. US and Canadian stations are all 10
khz apart. 550-560 570 etc.
Here is a good web page to search for call letters.

http://www.geocities.com/amlogbook/main.htm

There is also the list serve group called AMFMTVDX, I cant remember how to
subscribe to them. Here is the email address.

Craig