Old August 19th 03, 12:54 AM
The Dawn Soliloquy

http://www.imdb.com/Title?0053137

Gregory Peck ......... Cmdr. Dwight Lionel Towers, USS Sawfish
Ava Gardner ........... Moira Davidson
Fred Astaire ........... Julian Osborne
Anthony Perkins .......Lt. Cmdr. Peter Holmes, Royal Australian Navy
Donna Anderson (I) ...Mary Holmes
John Tate (I) ........... Adm. Bridie
Harp McGuire ........ Sundstrom (ashore in San Diego)
Lola Brooks .......... Lt. Hosgood (Bridie's secretary)
Ken Wayne ........... Benson
Guy Doleman ........ Farrel
Richard Meikle ...... Davis
John Meillon ......... Ashore in San Francisco
Joe McCormick .... Ackerman (radiation sickness)
Lou Vernon .......... Bill Davidson (Moira's father)
Kevin Brennan (I) .... Dr. King (radiation diagnosis)

Runtime: 134 min
Country: USA
Language: English
Color: Black and White
Sound Mix: Mono
Certification: Finland:K-16

Information from the Internet Movie Data Base at http://www.imdb.com

Actually sounds quite interesting. I'll need to look for this one.

Regards.

In article , "MJC" wrote:
There was a great sci-fi movie in the late 50's called "On the Beach"
which told the story of a submarine crew that survived a worldwide nuclear
holocaust because they were out in the ocean under water. While waiting for
the "end" to come to an end, they constantly monitored radio broadcasts from
around the world but more and more stations kept dropping off the air as
most of the earth became silent.

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.