Old August 19th 03, 02:31 AM
RedOctober90

Its (The Dawn Soliloquy) wrote in message ...
It's a matter of perception. If you want to believe that they're all holier
than thou, they'll all seem holier than thou. If you believe that among the
schmucks there are people worth speaking to and working with, you'll find
these as well.

Personally, I have trouble at HAM fests. Many of the HAMS there seem socially
quite dysfunctional. But most of the others don't seem to notice. Myself, I
like gun shows, and have had many an interesting political discussion with
various vendors. You might perceive these vendors as ultra rightwing, I find
them engaging, quite normal, quite friendly.

Water glass half full or half empty? Same water glass, different perception.

Regards.

In article , Gregg
wrote:
I like HAM Radio, I absolutely hate most of the operators and their
stinking "holier than thou" attitude.

That's why I let my VE4 call lapse.

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.

I agree, I never met many right wingers in person, but on certain
chats I attend occasionally where we discuss Area 51, most of them are
right-wing and extremely friendly and very open minded, willing to
discuss or debate topics in a very friendly way.

I consider myself socially dysfunctional, but friendly. I've noticed
this with many people of this type. People of the real "social" type
tend to be full of themselves and rude.