Old August 19th 03, 03:09 AM
Gunner

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:21:16 GMT, (Perry Noid) wrote:

erniegalts wrote:

Wouldn't consider it "very complicated" to make a phone ring as only
need to provide around 60 volts AC at 16 cycles or so.

erniegalts

Just what percentage of us do you think could do that? and from DC
power? For about 98% of us it is "very complicated", and the one
electronics tech among us doesn't need any help.

Chuckle..I made up a private phone system when I was 13. Rang and
everything.

Then I discovered "field phones" Way much better.

Gunner

Have you noticed how these enviros have become alarmed by the
proliferation of large carnivores in the boonies? I saw one remark to
the effect that bears, for example, do not seem to know their place on
the "food chain." Why should they? Only man comes up with ideas like
a food chain, and with man the idea only makes sense because man is
armed. Without his weapons, man is by no means at the top of any food
chain. On the contrary, he is down in fourth or fifth spot, depending
upon the environment in which he lives. Primitive man was under no
illusions about this, nor are the backwoods folk in India today. To a
tiger, man is a morsel, as these unarmed joggers seem to be to a cougar,
upon occasion. Man is man because he is always armed. That is something
they do not teach in kindergarten, nor for that matter in high school. A
youth becomes a man when he is first presented with his own personal
weapon. That is his right of passage, and those who do not understand
that are questionable members of a free society.
- Jeff Cooper's Commentaries, Vol. 9, No. 7, July, 2001