Old June 3rd 04, 04:57 PM
k4wge

Jan Van Belle wrote in message ...

I found it interesting, but wanted to know if hams are really using it!

Kind regards,

Jan, ON5DOA

Have you looked at the W0FMS page at

http://www.fredspinner.com/W0FMS/fractant/

Fred says, "The purpose of this web page is to further explain the
details of the rather contraversial Fractal Antenna. This antenna uses
a fractal shape to load a radiating element, allowing, according to
Nathan (Chip) Cohen, N1IR 2x to 4x reduction in size with little loss
in gain and/or F/B. I haven't tried this antenna yet, which is patent
pending from Fractal Antenna Systems, Inc. (Fractenna), so I claim
nothing else than to have deciphered the (IMHO) rather cryptic
building instructions in the
http://www.fractenna.com/ham/hampage1.html
page describing a 10-m 2 element quad fractal antenna. In order to
avoid potental criticism, I am stating for the record that the
instructions on the site are adequate for assembling this antenna. I
am also stating that for most, it is very hard to understand these
directions without a starting point of reference. It took me a couple
of hours to figure it out, and I'm a EE... "