Old August 19th 03, 06:19 PM
JA

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:44:24 -0600, Frank Dresser wrote:

"JA" wrote in message

I have an Icom R-75 with the aforementioned 150 footer. What do you
have?

Jim Arnold, central Saskatchewan, Canada

Years ago, I had a Hallicrafters S-40A and a small Grundig console with
a hurtin' phono and FM section. I used a inverted L attic antenna.

Since then, I've used a variety of mostly tube radios and baseboard
short wire antennas. Could be the combination of the radios and
antennas which have made 9580 more reliable for me. Might even be just
habit reinforcing what I "know" to be true. Suppose I'd need some
calibrated equiptment and standardized antennas to be sure.

Frank Dresser

I did a little experimenting. When it's dark, 9580 is pretty similar to
6020. When the twilight starts in the morning, 6020 is better on this
radio/antenna. Sunrise is now just before 0600 local (1200 UTC).