Old August 19th 03, 10:42 PM
starman

John wrote:

It's cool, we only wish Waltzing Matilda was out anthem ! 8-)
"Warpcore" wrote in message
ink.net...
I wish to apologise to Australians. In a reply to a recent post here, I

said
that "Waltzing Matilda" was the national anthem of Australia. A reply
corrected my ignorance. I honestly thought it was - I've thought that it

was
all my life. Anyway, I love the song, and hold Australia in high regard,

so
I was somewhat mortified to read of my error.

Thanks

For 'Australiaphils' (I made it up) like myself, I recommend a recent
movie called 'The Dish'. It's about the big radio telescope in Australia
that proved to be a crucial communications link during the Apollo-11
mission in July, 1969.