Old August 20th 03, 04:57 AM
WShoots1

Is there a frequency that is recommended for me to listen to in order
to tell if my radio is working properly ?

I check for WWV on 10 MHz .If it's not there at all on two or more of my
radios, I assume conditions are bad. If it's there pretty good, then I'll check
15 MHz (day) or 5 MHz (night) to see if they are there. From them, I can get a
good idea of conditions.

Of course, if the spectrum goes dead, there's no way of knowing whether or not
it's your radio, unless you knew the bad conditions were coming or you check
one of the internet sites for the Sun's status.

BTW There was a brief wipeout of the HF (SW) spectrum a day or two ago.

Bill, K5BY