Old August 22nd 03, 03:22 AM
Tim May

In article , Ross Archer
wrote:

I would think that when blacked-out, there would be little
need for communicating.

Amen. If one is out of communication, one is out of communication.

This focus on how people can "communicate with their loved ones," which
is what I hear many here and in the press talking about, is bull****.

You'll be home when you get home. Period. Such was it in during the
Punic Wars, the Crusades, WW II, and the War Against Some Terrorists.

Yeah, those at home may feel some anguish. So? Not a survival issue.

If your goal is to just keep in touch with friends and
family, a GMRS or even FRS radio may be your only realistic
option.

Very limited range. Not at all useful when family lives in suburban New
Jersey and affected party is in Manhattan. Or familiy is in Riverside
and affected party is in downtown LA.

Better to just not worry. "I'll be home when I can. Don't run around
like a chicken with your head cut off, trying to call, when such calls
do me no good whatsoever."

--Tim May