Old August 23rd 03, 02:30 AM
The Dawn Soliloquy

No doubt. Me thinks that the radio manufacturers are missing a market in
nostalgic items, especially if they can offer at least a moderate degree of
performance. As those of us that are in their 40s, 50s, and 60s age, we would
make ideal purchasers especially if they can market the items like "mom's
apple pie", from a seemingly more innocent age when radio ruled supreme.

Regards.

In article ,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

I saw a repro tombstone radio at the Salvation Army store the other day.
The design wasn't half bad. I would have bought it if it the veneer wasn't
damaged in a couple of places, exposing the chipboard underneath. Or if it
had a SW band. I'm guessing it was around 10 years old.

I hope they reproduce metal cabinet radios. Not like VCR box metal. Like
SX-28 metal. That would be cool.

Frank Dresser

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.