Old August 23rd 03, 03:41 PM
Warpcore

Hello,
Listening this morning I heard some "risers" that came on very suddenly ,
grew in strength and rose in pitch until there was a complete fade out and
then descended in pitch and faded out with reception returning to what it
had been. Very eerie. I think these are caused by lightening, but I never
heard of risers wiping out everything, so don't know what it was really. It
happened on 6.035 13:30 utc Yunnan BC Station, Kunming China.Later heard
same thing 6.065 13:52 utc R. Tampa, Tokyo .

"Gregg" wrote in message
Very wierd bands tonight. Things were pretty good until 0200PDT then
POOF! The whole place went dead (sans jammers of course).

--
Gregg
*Perhaps it's useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*