Old August 24th 03, 11:55 PM
Brenda Ann

'K.. just finished with the experiment. Select-a-Tenna works virtual
miracles on AMBCB.. the radio is normally quite broad (though I have not had
any problems with separation of 'local' stations. With the Select-a-Tenna,
I can pull very weak stations out of the QRM (and there is a LOT of QRM
here), and separate weak stations from strong ones pretty effectively. It's
still no DX radio (do you expect it to be?) but with any sort of loop, it is
quite good for everyday listening, and perhaps for stations 50-60 miles
distant.

I don't run any wire connected to it for SW, perhaps a 5' or so wire would
improve it some, but much longer would tend to overload the front end.

"dxlover" wrote in message

BCB is fair, haven't tried it with my Select-a-Tenna, but maybe I will
tomorrow and get back to you. For SW, the whip does a usable job, I
wouldn't add too much to it, since it's got no tuned amplifier or

anything.

OK Brenda Ann, let me know about the BCB if possible, K? :-)

Whip straight up then? No 15 to 20 ft. of wire?

--
~*~*~Monitoring the Spectrum~*~*~
***GO BEARCATS***