Old August 26th 03, 02:26 PM
Ralph Aichinger

In rec.radio.amateur.policy Frank Dresser wrote:

When I wrote "vunerable BPL is to interference", I meant how outside sources
of interference would effect the performance of BPL. Sorry if I wasn't

[..]

If you know where this is all explained in depth and well documented, please
point me in that direction.

I don`t know the details, but here in Europe several pilot projects
were basically stopped and several larger companies got out of that
technology again, after trying to hype it for several years.

I do not know if this is due to unreliability or due to other factors,
but it *seems* to have worked better in the lab than in the real world.
If enough problems make it too unreliable and/or expensive, this might
be the easiest way out.

There *are* some companies still trying to bring this to market though
(my local utility does).

/ralph