Old August 26th 03, 02:31 PM
Paul

Well I can imagine after all that! Well that seems to be the majority, the
dipole
"Kruppt" wrote in message
01...
"Paul" wrote in
:

Would an antenna like the one in the link be any good? I am looking
for a decent shortwave antenna. I mainly listen to 11.175 USB and
5-9mhz USB.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...&category%5Fna
me=CTLG%5F008%5F009%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=278%2 D1374

Any advice would be helpful.

thanks,

Paul

I have a few of these portable antennas I use with my portable Sangean
shortwaves,for listening, while watching my kids play at the park etc.
All they are is a wind-up long wire antenna. I have built lots of
differrent antennas over the years, and always fall back on the trusty
ole dipole antenna. Now that I have built all my antenna farms and have
tired of maintaining/building them, the simple ole dipole is it. After
you have learned to build it, install it, you can forget it. Spend your
time enjoying your radio and other, as the dipole is all you need. Still
listening after 20 years. Drake R8, Sangean 808, Sangean 803A, Sangean
606, Grove TUN-4, ......and down to one last 100' dipole 75' in the air,
may it last the rest of my life, I'm tired of erecting antennas! LOL!

Kruppt