Old August 26th 03, 06:30 PM
Frank Dresser

"Ralph Aichinger" wrote in message

I don`t know the details, but here in Europe several pilot projects
were basically stopped and several larger companies got out of that
technology again, after trying to hype it for several years.

I do not know if this is due to unreliability or due to other factors,
but it *seems* to have worked better in the lab than in the real world.
If enough problems make it too unreliable and/or expensive, this might
be the easiest way out.

There *are* some companies still trying to bring this to market though
(my local utility does).

/ralph

Yeah. As proposed, it might have too many problems to go into widespread
use. However, if the biggest problem is their signal to noise ratio, they
might fix it by boosting their signal. Let's hope not!

Frank Dresser