Old August 27th 03, 03:30 AM
craigm

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

More like pirate radio. I've heard some very entertaining stuff, and I

hope
to hear alot more. I know that time can be bought on an independent
broadcaster, but I'd really like to know why what Alan Maxwell and the

other
do is illegal. I think hobby broadcasting would bring alot of positive
interest to SW radio.

Frank Dresser

It may be fun, but keep in mind a few things. 1) It is difficult to control
where a signal goes. 2) There are international agreements that help to
avoid interference.

Given the above, allowing radio to be a free for all would only serve to
promote interference from stations on the same frequency. That interference
can detract from people listening to transmissions that are complying with
the agreements and laws. Interference can have serious results if it
interferes with aircraft or miliraty communications.

Just imagine the shortwave spectrum being used just like the 27 MHz band.

I'd rather have the order that the laws and agreements provide.

craigm