Old August 27th 03, 09:44 PM
RHF

Panzer 240,

- - - QUOTE - - -
Thought some here, in between political rants, might like to see some
pix of my 7' shielded loop. This has replaced the 3' version- a picture
of which is included.
Although the summer QRN is high, the new loop is proving itself with
NDB's that I have never copied before. The Burhans amp was modified to
allow reception up through 17 MHz. Local power line noise, TV switches
etc are gone.

http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010023.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010024.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010025.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010026.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010028.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010027.JPG

Main loop is from 5/8" CATV hardline and CATV connectors. The vertical
support mast is thin wall fiberglass with aluminum inserts at each end
to allow clamping- the entire support weights less than 1 pound. Now, to
get it on the rotator/tower.

73,

Dale W4OP

- - - UN-QUOTE - - -

http://www.greertech.com/hfloop/mymagloop.html
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~nic/radio/radio.shtml

Check-Out the "Loop Antenna" eGroup on YAHOO !

Check-Out the LINK Section of the "Loop Antennas" eGroup on YAHOO!

~ RHF
..
..
= = = Panzer240
= = = wrote in message ...
A while back you posted some info about aLoop antenn made from cable tv coax.
There was a link there also to pictures and info etc. I have miplaced the
link somehow Could you repost the info please.

Thanks