Old August 27th 03, 11:24 PM
CW

They probably do but not in widespread use nor is it likely to be. They do
also have the capability to replace most of that HF traffic by satellite.
They did, at one time, start to scale back the HF ops in favor of satellite
but decided that was a bad idea from a reliability standpoint. They do have
the satalite capablity but maintain HF to. The military, in any case, is
only a part of the government HF operation. If bpl has the capability of not
using certain segments of the band, due to the amount of space that would
have to be left alone, the bpl spectrum is going to be pretty holy. In any
case, I really don't think it is a viable technology, I seriously doubt it
will be the major rf disaster that some are saying it will be and I don't
think it will last long if it gets off the ground at all.
"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

Will BPL have the same effect on military radio as it has on radio
hobbyists? Don't they have spread spectrum capability which is highly
resistant to interference?

Frank Dresser