Old August 28th 03, 03:02 AM
Daniel Rosenzweig

I now have a Mazda6, which has an integrated radio.. There currently
isn't a kit to fit any other radios (we're all (im)patiently
waiting)... I was looking at some converters, especially the LFB
converter, which doesn't get installed in the dash -- and works
properly with digital head units...
The problem is the frequency range totally misses the frequencies I
need:

19 meter band ( 15100 to 15600 khz.)
25 meter band ( 11600 to 12100 khz.)
31 meter band ( 9500 to 9900 khz.)
49 meter band ( 5900 to 6250 khz.)

If anyone else has other ideas... it would be appreciated! I was
waiting to get the Sony radio once I got a new car... but I had to get
a car without
standard radio installation.... :-(

"snow" wrote in message ...
MFJ make a bare bones sw car radio that performs pretty good. I had one for
several years. It is great a night...only flaw is when my car was running
during the day I could only get mostly the Religous powerhouses. Ignition
messes up the sensitivity a bit. But turn the car off and I were able to
DX some during the day. It sells aroung $75 if I remember right. Coverts
your car's am band to sw.
Vermonter 05401 wrote in message
I want to buy a car radio with shortwave. Anyone have any information on
who is making them and where I can get one. Or if you have one could you
give a consumer report? Thanks