Old August 28th 03, 07:47 PM
AAA - Alas Anon Again

Anyone who posts their true ID and e-mail address here is asking for grief,
big time.

Females particularly. I know several who have been stalked, received crank
calls, numerous hate mail, and other incredible stuff.
Once someone knows your name and possibly a ham call, it is no problem
finding out where you live and a phone number.
One person here who was stalked had costly legal action to get it stopped.
No thanks

Some Ham clubs have member phone numbers on line and that has caused a BIG
problem when the nuts get a hold of it. And THEY DO!!

Our club discontinued phone call listings when a lady member logged over 100
crank calls.

I have had some real horror stories about my personal experiences with true
IDing, but bottom line -- I am anon as a result.

And how would you like someone to use your e-mail address to sign you up for
porn sites and mail, singles and kinky chat rooms ???

Has happened to several I know here.

And what does a true ID have to do with credibility???
Just read the bad info posted here and you will see true ID does not ensure
that the poster knows what they are talking about.

A well known Ham Alias system discontinued thier roster --- why -- because
the nuts used it for spamming.

nuff sed -- Oh Lord I'm Anon Again

And Burr -- have you read the NG guidelines yet ???

"Burr" wrote in message
When you get enough guts to sign your name and use you real address then
you try telling someone what to do!!

Burr

Signal In The Noise wrote:
Please take this to an appropriate news group -- try
alt.junk.battle.of.sexes
or something

But thanks for the OT alert

This is for short wave discussions, at least most of us expect that it

is!

"Burr" wrote in message

Women over 30 are so ugly!!! With clothes on it looks quite ok, but

The truth is that few people of either sex are goodlooking.

Snipped for total junk