Old August 29th 03, 01:32 PM
Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL

(Real Ham) wrote in :

I bailed out of the ARRL 14 years ago when it started to become clear
that the Leagues agenda was tending more toward a policy of supporting
lower licensing stardards (CB'er Ham). A pool of trained, capable
radio operators means something to me and I could no longer stand to
be a part of an organization that was moving to disregard that section
of Part 97.

It was a life membership too.

You beat me by 10 years. I bailed out about four years ago. Mine wasn't a
life membership, but you didn't loose much considering what the ARRL has
become. Still, I miss the technical articles in QST. Now days the
technical articles are probably geared to the new style ham like, how to
hook an antenna to a rig, or which side of a microphone you should talk
into. I was hoping the ghost of Hiram Percy Maxim was still hanging around
ol Newington guiding the League in some small secret way. But the ghost is
dead.