Old August 29th 03, 03:50 PM
Frank Dresser

"Robert F Wieland" wrote in message
In article ,

Spread-spectrum is highly resistant to narrowband interference. BPL
develops wideband interference. What the military depends on is the
physics that any remote jammer trying to create wideband noise would need
to be immensely powerful, because a wide band of loud-at-a-distance noise
would have to have substantial energy at every frequency. BPL defeats
this by putting the transmitting antenna very near the receiver, so the
noise source need not be powerful to be loud at every frequency.
--

R F Wieland Newark, DE 19711-5323 USA 39.68N 75.74W
Icom R75 Heathkit GR-81 Inverted-L in the attic

That's what I'd expect. But I don't know if the BPL system will dirty
enough, or close enough to significantly interfere with military
communications. I suppose the military has sent people out to take readings
like Ed Hare did. Anyway, I'm thinking the biggest threat to BPL isn't
outside opposition, but the spikey wideband trash normally found on power
lines.

That's it! BPL is a wives' conspiracy to get their husbands to start
vacuuming the freakin' carpet!

Frank Dresser