Old August 30th 03, 03:18 AM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Try the Icom or Yaesu tabletop radios. I have the Yaesu. There are no
similarities, the Yaesu rules. I'm sure that similar results can be obtained
with the Icom R-75 (if not better results).

I have the DX-398, Yaesu FRG-100, Yaesu FT-840, Sony 7600GR and some others.
The Yaesu FRG-100 is the best (of my assortment). If you want a portable, the
DX-398 and the Sony 7600GR are great, but if you are serious about listening,
get a nice tabletop model. Look at the Drakes as well.

I'm sure that many will disagree, but the tabletop models are your best bet.
Or be original and try the Palstar http://palstar.com/palmain.htm You can get
tabletop performance with portability. Lack of push buttons should not be a
problem, as the Yaesu is similarly configured and it becomes second nature
with use.

Regards.

In article , "mike"
wrote:
Hey group,

I own a Sony ICF-SW7600GR and have been very happy with it.

Thinking I am ready to graduate to a tabletop model such as a grundig
Satellite. I want the most bang for the buck.

Will the move be worth my money?
Will I be able to pull in more stations?

Should I buy a Winradio instead?

Your comments apreciated,

mike

Never say never.