Old September 1st 03, 11:19 AM
http://CBC.am/

I don't have enough money to do the necessary lobbying by other means.
actionnetwork.org has proved totally worthless -- no replies back from my
enquires.

The parts of the Canadian press that I have contacted (from Canada AM to
others) have not responded.

Mass email may be my only hope of getting my message accross.
I must do something...

Does anyone know how to go about *mass emailing* addresses in the *.ca
(Canada) domain?

You do realize that you are talking about massive spamming?

First you start with cross-posting to unrelated groups, and with a
technical question to boot.

That kind of foretells the state of your project.

And of course, in the part I deleted, you've got the usual
paranoia/justification that your message isn't being heard.

You would get tremendous flack if you tried a mass emailing like
this, and likely would lose our internet account.

So there really isn't any point in saying it can't be done.

Also take note that not every ISP in Canada uses the .ca domain.

No, if your message is really important (and usually the importance
goes down as the spamming goes up) you should be looking at
traditional means of reaching the public, such as a letter to a
newspaper, or press releases, or even buying ads.

Michael

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Does anyone know how to go about *mass emailing* addresses in the *.ca
(Canada) domain?

It is for a Radio Canada International broadcasting proposal.

URL in question:

http://CBC.am/rci-bc.htm
http://CBC.am/rci-sask.htm
http://CBC.am/rci.htm

The message would have text to cut and paste into a letter to the PM,
External Affairs Minister and Cultural Minister.

At the moment access to mass media in the US or Canada to pass along my
proposal seems to be off -- for probably a myriad of reasons.