Old September 1st 03, 04:50 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
news:1NJ4b.22844$S_.9843@fed1read01...
Yeah my folks sed that when I listened to Swing Music and later rock and
roll.

And Stan Kenton was the music of the devil, my ol man sed!

My Mom cringed at the sight of Elvis.
And she was severely chastised by her Mom for dancing the Charleston !!!!

Probably all this adult lament was first inscribed on an ancient Egyptian
tomb somewhere.
Heavens to Ra -- they are listening to a double lyre boogie!!!!

Youth will have their own music - much to the horror of their parents --
maybe that's why they listen to it huh ?

According to historians, parents were advised not to let their daughters
attend Beethovan's concerts as they might be too stimulated by his music.

When the waltz was created, parents considered it scandalous that the man
would actually be holding on to the woman.

And so it goes.

However, I will object to "music" that advocates shooting people etc. Such
music goes beyond just being different.