Old September 2nd 03, 05:34 AM
CW

"Telamon" wrote in message

Depends on how you connect it to the radio. With just a single vertical
lead-in then yes but use a coax grounded in some way then no.

Feedline type has nothing to do with it. The classic inverted L was
connected with a single wire feedline. Coax feed is often used now but not
always. I, and many others, have run inverted Ls (transmitting) right off
the back of the radio.

Another
thing to consider is that the vertical portion should be a significant
portion of the antenna to qualify as an inverted L. An antenna that is
15 feet high and 150 feet long the vertical portion is only 10% of the
total pickup area. I would consider that to be a horizontal random/long
wire.

There is a bit of truth to that. It is generally excepted that an inverted
L is most efficient when the verticle portion is as long as possible.
--
Telamon
Ventura, California