Old September 2nd 03, 08:39 PM
JA

Most of us avoid the radical protestant-type of broadcaster just like we
avoid hard-sell tactics re merchandise. The manner of speech itself is
unusual: emotional, almost yelling. I've felt the radio and TV evangelists
are cultural phenomena unique to the US, but exactly what the phonomena is,
is hard to place. Something like "I'll convince you of this and then
you'll be one of the good people versus one of bad. And then I'll ask you
for money."

I can't say I listen to these sorts of folks longer than to know what sort
of broadcast it is and move on. They are easy to id though.

JA, from Canada now, with relatives in Mexico and Taiwan.

mike wrote:
I wonder what the rest of the world thinks of American psuedo patriots and
end times false prophets on the domestically transmitted 'brokered'
stations.
It would seem to me the latin Americans who can understand english must
really roll their eyes in disgust.
Naturally, they don't have the distractions Americans enjoy, so I am sure
they can spot a counterfit Christian two thousand miles away.

As for the psuedo patriots, I bet the Canadians get quite a chuckle. I
know I do;-)

mike