Old September 4th 03, 12:09 AM
saki

N8KDV wrote in
:

Joe Strain wrote:

Inquiry from a NON-computer friendly O.F.

This EIBI database is massive and unmanageable...I'll be durned if I
scroll thru the whole flamin thing lookin' for something

Personally I don't find it un-manageable, at least for my interests.
If there is something I'm looking for I just do a search. I find it to
be a fairly accurate up-to-date listing.

I use it as a simple flat file, text-searchable via any text reader
(Wordpad, Notepad, etc.). Works for me. However:

Joe Strain writes further:

Is there any way it can be loaded as data do a run-of-the
mill-database for utility? Never tried anything like that but if
someone knows how, I am avidly listening

Bob Sillet sez eibi's in the wrong format to be integrated into his
package.

It's delimited, actually. If you're familiar with MS Excel, you can import
the bc-a03.txt file into Excel and establish your own fields, thus creating
a searchable spreadsheet. This format imports into databases as well.

Open Excel and open bc-a03.txt. A text-import wizard appears and walks you
through the steps necessary to create an *.xls (Excel) file. Select fixed-
width field type, tab delimited format, then scroll down to the data and
select where you'd like your columns; the wizard helps you along.

Once you've finished, your data appears in Excel and you can adjust column
width for easy reading. Save as an *.xls format.

I hope this helps.

----