Old September 4th 03, 02:19 PM
Pete KE9OA

Thanks for the link. I sure would like to get ahold of one of the Model
900s, along with a bunch of other folks!

Pete

RHF wrote in message
om...
Pete,

For older Germany designed and European made "Grundig Radios" take a
look at eBay.de (Germany).

eBay.de Category "Funktechnik Amateurfunk"
- - - (Radio Engineering Amateur Radio)
http://listings.ebay.de/aw/plistings....html?from=R11

eBay.de Sub-Category "Amateurfunk Empfänger & Scanner"
- - - (Amateur Radio Receiver & Scanner)

http://listings.ebay.de/pool2/plisti.../index.html?fr
om=R11

Search [Suche] on "Grundig"

NOTE: BabelFish is an easy to use OnLine Language Translator to
convert the Germany to English.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

~ RHF
.
.
= = = "Pete KE9OA"
= = = wrote in message

I think that person is saying that the receiver isn't worth it, because

it
is too old. I took a look at that unit, and it just doesn't look that
special............it looks like the typical japanese units of that

time.
Now, if it was a model 900,

Reportedly there are about ten(10) of the original 'Proto-Type'
Grundig Satellit "900" Radios and they are all in Lock-Boxes.
* * * * * { Viewing By Invitation Only } * * * * *

that would be a different story. The model 210
and the model 1000 series were the ones that still had that classic

European
styling. They also had that cool tracking front end design, with the
variable inductor tracking with the two-gang tuning cap on the LW/MW/MB,
giving the equivalent of three gang tuning on those bands, while they

did
have a three-gang tuning cap on the dual conversion SW ranges. I did

have
some of the later units from Grundig, and they were just nothing to

write
home about. Too bad you don't see any of the older models for sale. I

guess
I can understand why..............people seem to hang on to those units,

my
wife included!

Pete