Old June 4th 04, 09:14 PM
hello

Irv Finkleman wrote:
hello wrote:

HI
I want to put a dipole for 20m in my garden.

So I end up with the idea of a cage or biconic dipole , with the coax
entering horizontaly in the middle of the cage to the center.

Use two pieces of copper tubing for the elements. Connect one to the
center of the coax, the other to the braid. Bring the coax out through
the lower piece. This is also known as a coaxial-sleeve and a few other
variations on the name.

OK, but for 20m , it means 2x5m of tubing. Not so easy to hang over the
garden.

DO you think that a wire cage qith 3 ou 4 wire could have the same
effect than tubing ?

Thierry
F4DWv